Sunday, August 23, 2020

Mini dream camputer setup live

 Best mini camputer setup dream mind set
 



Hey guys. David and IKEA products are super popularfor desk setups. And hacking together a DIY setup from an 
IKEAcountertop and a couple drawer units is a great way to make a large desk space. The IKEA Alex drawers paired with somethinglike Karlby countertop is a super popular option but for this setup I built for my sisterI went with the IKEA Klimpen drawers to make for a more classy and elegant setup. 

The IKEA Klimpen drawers are great for storingaway little trinkets and accessories and the slimmer profile along with the crown moldingreally makes these drawer units look high end and elegant. On top of the drawer units I’m using 98-inchIKEA Lilltrask countertop. 

And I like this countertop because it’sdurable, easy to keep clean and relatively inexpensive. 
Also the round bullnose edge makes it a lotmore comfortable for leaning your arms against. Since I’m using a super long 98-inch topthat means there’s plenty of room for two people working on separate tasks here or fortwo full computer systems. 

But at this length you’ll get some saggingin the middle without any additional support, so I recommend putting a cheap IKEA leg inthe middle to keep the table top nice and sturdy throughout. And finally while the computer accessoriesand peripherals here are nothing to be excited about. I think the Mini ITX Jonsbo U2 case that I’musing here is a really nice way to minimize desk waste and to maximize the amount of areaavailable on this two person desk. 

So that’s a super quick look at the desksetup that I built for my sister. A really simple setup but with an eleganttwist on a popular DIY IKEA desk setup. And there’s plenty of room for a secondcomputer setup here if they ever need one down the line. Hope you guys enjoyed this one. You know what to do. And I’ll see you in the next video. 

 Hey guys. David and IKEA products are super popularfor desk setups. And hacking together a DIY setup from an IKEAcountertop and a couple drawer units is a great way to make a large desk space. The IKEA Alex drawers paired with somethinglike Karlby countertop is a super popular option but for this setup I built for my sisterI went with the IKEA Klimpen drawers to make for a more classy and elegant setup. 

The IKEA Klimpen drawers are great for storingaway little trinkets and accessories and the slimmer profile along with the crown moldingreally makes these drawer units look high end and elegant. On top of the drawer units I’m using 98-inchIKEA Lilltrask countertop. 

And I like this countertop because it’sdurable, easy to keep clean and relatively inexpensive. Also the round bullnose edge makes it a lotmore comfortable for leaning your arms against. Since I’m using a super long 98-inch topthat means there’s plenty of room for two people working on separate tasks here or fortwo full computer systems. 

But at this length you’ll get some saggingin the middle without any additional support, so I recommend putting a cheap IKEA leg inthe middle to keep the table top nice and sturdy throughout. And finally while the computer accessoriesand peripherals here are nothing to be excited about. I think the Mini ITX Jonsbo U2 case that I’musing here is a really nice way to minimize desk waste and to maximize the amount of areaavailable on this two person desk. 

So that’s a super quick look at the desksetup that I built for my sister. A really simple setup but with an eleganttwist on a popular DIY IKEA desk setup. And there’s plenty of room for a secondcomputer setup here if they ever need one down the line. Hope you guys enjoyed this one. You know what to do. And I’ll see you in the next video. 

 A new year a new desk setup. And this year I thought I’d refresh an oldfavorite, my clean modern wood design desk setup with some new tweaks, upgraded techand change of style with this refresh. But as always, my setups are about the basics,clean open space to keep my thoughts uncluttered, ergonomic touches to keep it comfortable andflexible, and technology that keeps it all working. Hi I’m David and here is my updated cleanand modern wood dream desk setup for 2019. So the big standout change with my desk setup,is the new desk. 

Or more specifically the wood tabletop. I decided to go with a rawer, more naturalcolor, Acacia kitchen countertop that I bought from Homedepot. The color pattern gives the desk a vibrantfeel and has a really nice stark contrast to items on the table. It also has a single wood piece for the liveedge that gives the table a really unique natural feel. And I also added a layer of acrylic on topto give it a nice glossy sheen and also protect it from stains and water. For the legs I’m still using the Jarvisstanding desk legs. It has smooth and quiet dual motors, reallygood height range to adjust for standing and even sitting heights. And with an IKEA Signum cable rack installedunderneath it’s easy to keep wires tidy and out the way for a clean overall desk design. Next is most expensive part of my desk setup,the giant monitor. But for me a good monitor is worth the investmentand has the biggest impact for me on improving productivity and my overall experience. This 49 inch Dell ultrawide with its 5120x1440resolution is essentially two 27” display stuck together. Sure it’s more expensive but the added flexibilityand aesthetics of a single ultrawide is worth it for me. Adding to the aesthetics and saving spaceon the desk, I’m always a fan of a monitor arm. I’m using the Amazon basic monitor arm here. 

Another good investment I feel, since youcan always re-use with future monitor upgrades. While pricey at about $100, it’s still significantlycheaper than alternatives of this build quality and strength needed to carry such a largedisplay. I also added a second cheap monitor arm witha laptop stand to keep that off the desk as well. If you’ve watched my other videos you knowthat I connect to both a laptop and desktop with my desk setup. This upgrade to a simple docking station combinedwith the built in KVM feature on my display allows me to seamlessly connect and powermy laptop through a single USB-C cable and quickly switch between systems depending onwhat I’m working on. So whether I want to use my notebook or desktopon the floor, I can have the same great experience using the same display, mouse and keyboardon either system. For my keyboard I’ve switched to the Havit86-key mechanical keyboard.

 I really like the low profile design and shorterkey travel, that makes typing on it more comfortable without the need for a palm rest. The mechanical clicking action is very satisfying. And the 10 keyless layout is perfect for whatI need without sacrificing the usability of the function or arrows keys. My only complaints are related to aesthetic,its wired, only has blue LEDs if you care about that, and has this gamer logo, whichI could really do without. But otherwise I feel it’s a fantastic keyboardfor what I need. The mouse I continue to use is the older G602logitech mouse that continues to serve me well for my comfort and needed buttons. I also now use a mouse pad to help protectthe desk and add some extra comfort when I rest my palms. I specifically got a custom designed and customsized mouse pad for my setup. I really like customizing my mouse pads toavoid unnecessary branding and to get the right size for my keyboard and mouse so itdoesn’t take up unnecessary space on the desk. Audio is the last thing I was looking to fixwith this updated setup. 

I picked up these PreSonus Eris for my speakers. I like them because they aren’t too big,they’re simple looking, sound decent and not too expensive. I do find them a little harsh in the highend out of the box, so I tune them down a bit with the equalizer built on the speaker. They can’t connect via USB so keep thatin mind if you’re looking for USB PC speakers. But I was specially looking for a poweredRCA cable driven speaker to connect to a mixer. I wanted to have both my chromecast audioand PC audio feeding into these speakers at the same time. Using this external mixer, now I can hearaudio from both sources without needing to toggle inputs like with most speakers, andcan also adjust the volume levels of each of the sources independently. A pricey upgrade but well worth it for someonelike me, who listens to a lot of music throughout my condo with all my chromecast devices. 

So that my revised clean and modern wood desksetup for 2019. I’m really happy with how it looks and functionsbased on my needs and look forward to getting work done with this new productivity setup. But hope guy enjoyed this one. You know what to do. And I’ll see you in the next video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment