Sunday, August 23, 2020

Sit on floor tebal


Site floor tebal best health ca


 Four years ago, I hurt my right ankleduring a game of football. I had torn not one, not two, but threeligaments. Amazingly, for how rough I have been on my body over the years, I wasthankful that that was only my first serious injury, which took me severalmonths to recover from. As a fitness coach and sports enthusiast, I was eagerto get back in shape after about four months off. But when recovering from aninjury of this severity, my right ankle had lost much of its stability and rangeof motion. And at that point of time, I could no longer deep squat without fallingover backwards. 


So embarassingly, in my first session back to lifting weights,with my body rusty, my ankle unreliable, and despite using much lighter weightsthan I used to, my form crumbled during a lift, and I ruptured a disc in my spineas a result. That was another couple of months that I had to spend on the sidelinesrecuperating. Having multiple major injuries and having to spend such a longtime being physically inactive back-to-back, really destroyed mymotivation and momentum. My body had never felt worse. Sitting at my desk forjust an hour or two would cause spasms in my back, and my ankle troubles alsoaffected my knee and hip. 


It was a painful mess. Because I struggled to sitcomfortably at a desk, I started to get restless and fidgety, which made me lookfor other ways to work on my computer. That was how and why I first startedsitting on the floor. The idea was simple. Every now and then, I would work awayfrom my desk. My most preferred position was deep squatting with my back leaningagainst the wall, as this allowed me to stretch my tight ankles and hips withoutfalling over backwards. At first, my right foot would have pinsand needles in just a few minutes. Then I would sit down with my ass on the floorand continue working from there.

 When I felt like it again, I would go back intoa deep squat, or into one of the many other positions that would lightlystretch another part of my body. The more I sat on the floor, the more pain free Ifelt. I got so comfortable with the floor, that what was supposed to be just analternative way to work on my computer, soon became the primary way. 


When I wassleepy, I would even just take a nap on thefloor. This was all amusing to friends and family, as they struggled tocomprehend why I would prefer to sit on the floor when I had a perfectlyfunctional desk and chair available to me. I really appreciated the freedom tomove when on the floor, so when it was time to move into our new apartment, I broughtup an idea to HL of having our workspace be on the floor, because of allthe benefits to my body that I've experienced firsthand. But we didn't justgo ahead with the idea on a whim; it was quite a significant change after all. 


Wehad our concerns, and questions about the practicality of it all. Would it getuncomfortable? Is it even good for our body in the long run? So we did ourresearch, and even though we can't say that we have an answer to every question,I think we got it mostly figured out. In many cultures, notably Asian cultures,sitting on the floor is still the preferred way to rest and engage insocial activities like having a meal together. Outside of these cultures,there's also a growing group of people who are adopting these practices purelyout of preference. 


Sitting on the floor and deep squatting are simply natural humanresting positions. There's no reason why it should be uncomfortable, except modernlife has pretty much coached us out of these habits. But frankly, sitting on afloor chair that has a backrest doesn't feel any less comfortable than sittingon a normal chair — for us at least. If there's any bit that's uncomfortable, itwould be getting in and out of the seat when used with the floor desk. But once seated,it feels great. Of course the level of comfort can't be compared to sitting onmodern furniture, such as ergonomic office chairs, which are designed to keep uscomfortable in one position for extended periods of time.


 Some mayimagine sitting on the floor to be uncomfortable, or at least lesscomfortable than sitting on more conventional furniture. Therefore sittingon the floor must be bad for the body — but there isn't a direct correlationbetween the two. There's been a lot of talk about how prolonged sitting isdetrimental to our health. But for many, having to work long hours often in anoffice chair, is an unavoidable reality. 


And while economics is certainly animportant aspect that should be paid careful attention to, sitting in an expensiveergonomic chair, in a perfectly optimized environment for 12 hours a day isstill going to mess up the human body on a deep, deep level. But that's not to saythat chairs are the culprits, not at all. Similarly, sitting on thefloor is also NOT going to be the solution.


 One can be sedentary whethersitting on the chair or on the floor. The real issue is not how we are sitting, buthow little we are moving. So when it came time to decide on our own sittingsituation, we realized that what we valued more was the freedom and variety ofoptions that sitting on the floor provides us with. O


ur catchphrase whenit comes to taking good care of our bodies, is "Eat well, Move more and Worryless." And ever since we've started sitting on the floor, we found ourselvesmoving much more. There are smaller movements like shifting between thediff

No comments:

Post a Comment